I look back on the things that have happened in life - however challenging or amazing they might have been. I find myself acutely aware of how differently I feel now, simply with the passing of time. And how much more so will that be the case when I see things from eternity. Oh, the battles I can avoid, the angst I can forgo. Not to mention, the joy in which I can walk - despite my circumstances or my mood. I don't want to learn this then. I want to learn it now. I want to model it for my children and my friends. I want to care about what matters most, the things that do not change with the setting sun. We can waste so much time and energy on the fleeting. If we simply let them "play out," I believe we would find peace in new ways.
As always, God's word says it best:
Now we see things imperfectly, like puzzling reflections in a mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely. (1 Corinthians 13:12)
![]() |
| Source: "Through the Lens" picture by deranged-mongoose aka Megan at Deviantart |
Lord, let me see things a little more like you do. Let me see my life, the tasks at hand, the mundane, the epic, and everything in between, through Your eyes. When I experience the things that crush, consume, overshadow, and darken life - let me hold fast to the light that is in believing you for more than my eyes can see. Let me love like you do, and remember your faithfulness throughout eternity. I want to fix my eyes on the unseen and trust you to work out the seen.

You are always inspiring!! Thank you!!!
ReplyDelete